Looking for a fun night of bowling, retro games, or endless karaoke? Lane 7 Birmingham has it all, and more!
Lane7 Birmingham is a popular boutique bowling alley with many fun activities, including retro games like Donkey kong, beer pong tables, and much more.
It is one of the city’s most popular late-night venues, bringing a unique vibe to the nightlife in Birmingham city.
Here’s everything you need to know about Lane 7 Birmingham.
Explore Birmingham’s 16 Best Night Clubs and experience the city’s Buzzing Nightlife.
Witness stunning performances from noteworthy artists at these 20 Exciting Live Music Venues in and around Birmingham City Centre.
This Article Covers:
- 6 Things You Can Do on a Fun Night Out at Lane7 Birmingham
- Important Visitor Information
- Lane7 Birmingham FAQs
6 Things You Can Do on a Fun Night Out at Lane7 Birmingham
If you’re looking for a venue for a date night or a competitive night of arcade games, look no further than Lane 7.
Let’s explore all the fun things you can do in this popular boutique bowling firm in the West Midlands:
1. Enjoy a Glamorous Bowling Experience at Lane7 Birmingham Bowling Alley
The Lane7 Birmingham bowling alley offers an unparalleled ten-pin bowling experience with nine state-of-the-art bowling lanes. The bowling alley also curates bespoke packages for private parties and corporate events.
- Thu to Sat: £9.95 (per game, per person)
- Sun to Wed: £7.95 (per game, per person)
- Under 16s and university students: £7 (per game, per person)
2. Get Together with Your Friends or Family for Some Food and Drinks
The Lane 7 venue in Birmingham, West Midlands, serves a wide range of delicious food and premium drinks, including burgers, cocktails, craft beer, regular beer, and other non-alcoholic drinks. This popular boutique bowling firm also offers various premium drinks packages.
- Burgers: From £10
- Cocktails: From £7.50
- Wine: From £7.50 for a glass, from £25 for a bottle
- Craft beer: From £3.50
- Soft drinks: From £3
- Milkshakes: From £4.50
3. Go Head to Head at the Table Shuffleboard Game
After knocking down some pins in the bowling lanes, you can head to the arcade game arena to test your shooting skills and tactics at a game of shuffleboard. The venue features three tables where you can play singles or doubles games.
Pricing: £12 (per table, per hour)
4. Show Off Your Hand-Eye Coordination Skills at a Game Of Beer Pong
Get set for an evening filled with laughter and beer while putting your hand-eye coordination skills to the test at the beer pong tables.
Pricing: £2.50 per hour only for hiring beer pong tables (beer pong packages are sold separately)
5. Sing Your Heart Out at the Lane 7 Private Karaoke Booth
Whether it’s a date night or a group outing, the UV-lit private karaoke booth at this boutique bowling alley offers a more intimate experience. Here, you can sing to your heart’s content and show off some dance moves!
- Thu to Sat: £7 (per hour, max 16 guests, price capped at 10 guests)
- Sun to Wed: £5 (per hour, max 16 guests, price capped at 10 guests)
Note: Due to high demand, it’s best to make a booking at least 24 hours in advance.
6. Reignite the Gamer in You at the Retro Arcade Arena
Fan of retro arcade games?
Pricing: The arcade games prices are available at the venue.
Important Visitor Information
Here’s a thing or two you need to know before planning your trip to Lane 7:
1. Contact Information
- Address: The Cube – Level 6, 196 Wharfside Street, West Midlands, Birmingham, B1 1RN
- Website: www.lane7.co.uk/birmingham
- Telephone: 0121 289 5395
2. Operating Hours
- Mon to Thu: 4 pm to late
- Fri to Sun: 11 am to late
3. How to Get to Lane 7 Birmingham
Here are some step-by-step directions to get to Lane 7 Birmingham by your vehicle or public transport:
- Via M6: Take M6 to Aston Express Way and take the M6(N) exit to Birmingham City Centre (C&N) at junction 7. Keep right and merge with M6 at the Y junction. Take the A38 exit and merge onto A38 (M). Now, take Suffolk Street Queensway to Bridge St, and continue on Great Charles Street until you reach the exit on New Street. After taking the exit on New Street, continue on Suffolk Street Queensway/A39. Take the left lane and head onto Holliday St/A456, turn right onto Bridge St/A456, and you’ll arrive at Lane 7 Birmingham.
- Via M5: As you merge with M5, take the A456 exit at junction 3. Continue on A456 and take the third exit onto Quinton Expy, and the roundabout, take the first exit onto Hagley Rd W/A456. Once you reach the Five Ways roundabout, take the third exit onto Islington Row Middleway/A4540. Continue on Bath Row/B4127 and turn left onto Granville St. Take the third exit onto Holliday St and turn left onto Bridge St/A456.
- Nearest bus stations: Granville St (6 min walk), Brunel St (8 min walk), Old Repertory Theatre (Stop Ns11 – 8 min walk)
- Nearest train stations: Birmingham New Street (12 min walk), Five Ways (15 min walk), Birmingham Snow Hill (17 min walk)
Note: Here are the best modes of transport from Greater Manchester to Birmingham City.
Lane 7 Birmingham FAQs
If you still have a thing or two on your mind, check out some of these frequently asked questions and answers:
1. Are There Any Age Restrictions at Lane 7 Birmingham?
At Lane 7 Birmingham, visitors under 18 aren’t allowed on the premises after 7 pm, and a parent or guardian must accompany children under 14 at all times.
2. What are the Accepted Modes of Payment?
Lane 7 Birmingham only accepts card payments. Alternatively, if you have a Lane 7 Birmingham gift voucher, you can use that too. The value of the gift voucher ranges from £10 to £250.
3. Who Owns the Lane 7 Bowling Alley Firm?
Tim Wilks is the owner and founder of Lane 7 bowling alley.
4. Is There Car Parking Available?
Visitors can use three parking facilities (Blandford Square Car Park, Grainger Town Multi-Storey, and Times Square Car Park) within walking distance from Lane 7 Birmingham.
5. Why is the bowling alley called Lane 7?
The name Lane 7 is derived from two concepts:
- Lane: The word “lane” is a reference to bowling
- Number 7: This refers to the 1,024 (1+0+2+4=7) possible outcomes in a game of bowling
6. Does Lane 7 Birmingham Have Ping Pong or Pool Tables?
There are no ping pong or pool tables at the Lane 7 venue in West Midlands, Birmingham. However, if you’re looking to play American pool, Lane 7 in Liverpool and Newcastle have pool tables.
7. What Tourist Attractions Are Near Lane 7?
- Legoland Discovery Centre (10 min walk)
- Custard Factory (30 min walk)
- Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery (11 min walk via Birmin)
- Arcade Mania (20 min drive)
- Thinktank Birmingham Science Museum (28 min walk from Birmingham City Centre)
- The Birmingham Botanical Gardens (29 min walk)
- Fiveways Entertainment Centre (13 min walk via Broad Street)
- The Royal Town of Sutton Coldfield (45 mins by train)
- Karaoke Box (7 min walk via Broad street)
- Flight Club Birmingham (13 min walk)
- Adventure Island Mini Golf (45 mins by bus)
- Ghetto Golf Birmingham (25 mins by bus)
- ODEON Birmingham New Street (15 min walk)